In a shock confession, an actor has admitted to Arts Journalist that she has taken drugs throughout her artistic career.
In a frank confession after she was seen smoking a joint in the inner city suburb of Glebe, the actor said she had regularly used illegal substances to help battle the depression of "surviving the stigma of being an actor in Australia."
The actor who cannot be named said that an unknown person had put the joint in her hand during a shopping session at the notorious Glebe markets. "I'll put my hand up, I was going to take a puff," she told Arts Journalist.
The incident has raised doubts about her roles in the theatre community and as an actor.
"For probably 10 years on and off I have taken drugs. It was usually during times when not in rehearsal for a show but there were times during seasons that I have played Russian roulette at Barons in Kings Cross," said the actor, who admitted that some colleagues and theatre directors in the Sydney arts scene knew of her drug taking. "I was about 19, 20, 21 when I first started dropping pills and sniffing a bit of charlie and to be honest I sort of used it to escape all the pressure."
The actor, spent six hours at Glebe markets on the alleged day.
The television industry immediately ruled out any possibility of the actor working on any episode of All Saints, Home and Away or any commercials in the near future. Her position as a presenter on a local radio station is also in jeopardy.
The television networks, for which she occasionally gets a bit of work from want to discuss the incident with her. "We are awaiting the details and a chance to talk to her before forming a view as to what impact it has on her current arrangements with the network," a spokesman for the network said.
The network was understood to have been looking to expand her role as an actor before the joint incident in Glebe. But in a statement issued before her interview with Arts Journalist it said: "The network will consider the situation, and have discussions with her and her agent over the next few days."
One friend who was with the actor said that she "recalled an unknown person pushing a joint into her hand at Glebe markets last Saturday".
The actor added: "I was having such a good time, seeing it was the last day before I finished my play. I stupidly forget about the joint and instead of getting rid of it I left myself in a situation I soon deeply regretted."
"I have been a very foolish person and realise I have brought great disappointment to my family, friends and many people, including lots of youngsters who have looked up to me over the years. "
For more reports CLICK HERE.
Image credit: all posters.com
2 comments:
Ha!
Fabulous! Very funny.
Post a Comment