Thursday, 8 May 2008

Just in case you didn't notice

Sydney Arts Journo has gone through a bit of a makeover. Primarily because I was sick of looking at the old lime green walls... probably a lot like the rest of you felt.

I also wanted to streamline the website a lot more and make it a bit easier and cleaner to navigate. Gone are the stupid google ads, gone are the superfluous links. Michael Webster suggested it looked "gay"... whatever that means. But I'd be interested in knowing what the rest of you reckon about the new design.

If anything, it's a lot cleaner with clearer listings on the side and an easier tool bar at the top of the page to return home and contact me.

For those of you not up-to-date with Google updates or RSS feeds, I invite you to contact me if you would like to be updated when a post is published. You will be able to subscribe and unsubscribe with ease.

It is also a fitting way to celebrate eighteen months of blogging, over five hundred posts and more than forty-five thousand visitors. None of this, of course, would have happened without the support of theatres, organisations and the arts community. Or without that brilliant blog community who stretch from Melbourne, NY and London.

Blog on.

23 comments:

Alison Croggon said...

Very funky indeed, Nick - though I did think I'd made a mistake at first and clicked on the wrong blog! Amazing howt hose posts pile up, no? And chin chin.

Anonymous said...

The STC will be thrilled that you have chosen the identical shade of blue, and the water/wave motif! Looks very swish.

Anonymous said...

At a zillionth of the cost.

Anonymous said...

Just like I said: fully Gay.

Anonymous said...

Maybe you can get truckloads of cash from IWC watches and Armani if you promise to have "Sparkle and Fluffy" (as James Waites calls them) on the blog...

Nicholas Pickard said...

How did this turn into an STC bagging exercise?

Webster - you're responsible.

Anonymous said...

oh but "Sparkle and Fluffy"!!! That is perfect!!!!!! LOL!!!
Sam

Anonymous said...

No I'm not. I just think it's Gay.

Nicholas Pickard said...

Sparkle and fluffy, gay, even 'fully gay'... this is not what I was expecting as feedback...

Yet, ironically appropriate.

Keep going Webster.

Anonymous said...

I think that's actually "Glitter and Fluffy" ... but "Sparkle and Fluffy" works beautifully too.

Anonymous said...

"Fluffy" as in...along for the ride, Mr Magoo-like...

Benito Di Fonzo said...

I like it. Sparse, light and neat, and I don't mean in an Ikea way.

By the way, I was just flicking past www.news.com.au. (Because I should I should as some point.) Is it just my imagination or do they not have an Arts section?

Nicholas Pickard said...

You are right, news.com.au doesn't have an arts section surprise surprise, but the Daily Telegraph have an occasionally updated one.

You can find their insightful articles and a hot photo of local actor Octavia Barron Martin at:
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/index/0,22045,5013438,00.html

Anonymous said...

Octavia Barron Martin alone makes La la land worth the price of a ticket.

Anonymous said...

" ... a hot photo ..."?!?

Maybe you're more suited to writing for the Tele than I first thought.

Nicholas Pickard said...

To think that such a simple provocation could get you out of your 'gay' antics.

Anonymous said...

No offence to you Nicholas but we live in desperate times if we need to rely on the Terror for any arts news in Sydney. Somewhere between the Racing Form and the massage parlour ads, I assume...and to think the Herald was once the paper of Kippax...

Nicholas Pickard said...

As someone once said, 'never use irony in blogs, it just doesn't work'.

But darn, I thought that referring to the DT's 'insightful articles' could have been a bright light of sarcasm that broke the trend.

Next time maybe.

Anonymous said...

back to the new look - what's the chance of a touch of background colour, not much, a smear, wisp, blush, hint, because quite frankly I think it is dull (thank you Coral Browne)

Anonymous said...

I didn't suggest you were gay, I simply suggested your blog design was: "It's a bit Gay ..." not "You're a bit Gay".

You're about as gay as Colonel Gaddafi. And I mean that in the nicest and least ironic possible way.

Anonymous said...

Gay and Dull. Nothing worse.

Anonymous said...

i'm not the 'gay and dull' anonymous, i'm just the 'dull' one, so will the other anonymous(es) stop pretending to be me until Google remembers by username or hell freises over. ok?

anyway, the capitals are a give-away.

Nicholas Pickard said...

Gay and Dull now... nice.