I don't normally do this but I received this invitation today:
Swimming Home in Heels
Hello Nicholas,
My name is Mish Grigor and I am one third of the Sydney performance company 'post'. We would like to invite you to our show 'Swimming Home in Heels' at the 2008 Next Wave Festival. It is our new show after last year's 'Gifted and Talented'.
This is how it works: book in a time and show up at the hotel. You will be greeted and welcomed into the six underfed arms of three schoolies in their room. Half teen party, half ghost train, it's ten minutes of super fun.
16th - 30th of May
(please nominate the best time)
The Exford Hotel, cnr of Little Bourke and Russel Streets, Chinatown.
Thanks and have a lovely day,
post
Natalie Rose, Zoë Coombs Marr and Mish Grigor.
Swimming Home in Heels
We're so excited you're here. We move fast looking for action, or maybe new nail polish. We're safe together. We whisper to each other in pink tights. We are new best friends and we can't believe we have so much in common. We lean in to pash a stranger at four in the morning and begin to projectile vomit without restrain. We pause, take a breath, and keep leaning in. We push boundaries to impress each other … Don't be scared, we did it once before.
Lost in a highlighted, over-stimulated and definitively pink universe, post presents a ten-minute performance in a hotel room for one audience member at a time.
Unfortunately I am not in Melbourne but if I was I would be at this production without a doubt.
But for those of you south of the border, here are the details:
post presents
Swimming Home in Heels
At The Next Wave Festival
Melbourne
16th – 30th of May
7 - 9pm at The Exford
Booking Essential
www.postpresentspost.com
1 comments:
Three adolescent schoolgirls take you into a hotel room and put their arms around you? I think I'd want my lawyer present.
Post a Comment