Friday, 22 August 2008

Nothing like a bit of a re-hash


The Daily Telegraph must be short of arts articles as well as the Herald. Today they have decided to re-hash a news item that the SMH first broke in February.

Nearly seven months on and their film editor, Vicki Roach, pulls out a good old copy job as a news item on page 19.

This must be welcome news for arts and entertainment publicists, because it is now official - your target journalists are running out of ideas and stories. If they have room to reproduce old stories then they surely have room to get some fresh items out there as well.

If I were you, I would hit them up big time this week and next. You could even start your conversation along the lines of, "I hear you need some stuff to write about. Well, have I got a story for you... and better still, it's new!"

0 comments: