The character played by Daniel Hoevels was supposed to commit suicide in the drama with a blunt stage weapon but had instead been provided with a real blade.
He collapsed on stage with blood pouring from his neck and the audience started to applaud the spectacular special effects.
It was only when Hoevels, 30, failed to get up to take a bow at Vienna's Burgtheater in Austria that they realised something was wrong ...
MORE.
4 comments:
Sounds like the inciting incident for a cheesy horror flick.
Vienna's Burgtheater - so is that Kosky's theatre? or just 'should be'?
I don't think it is Kosky's theatre, but funnily enough, I made exactly the same association as Mr Pickard when I first read of this!
If it was true Kosky he would have castrated himself and handed his bleeding phallus to the audience.
No Claire I beg to differ. If it were Kosky, the role would be played by a counter tenor, standing centre stage and singing a beautiful but obscure piece of Lieder, while urinating into the open mouth of the young girl-in-school-uniform on her knees in front of him...oh no sorry he did that with Peter Carrol in "Lost Echo..." my mistake.
Post a Comment