Monday, 3 September 2007

Irony

I just had a call from someone concerned about the below post. I just want to clarify that it is totally tongue in cheek.

I suppose the problem is that with the internet and blogs there is just no room for irony any more...

I hold Jason Blake in the highest regard as a critic and a mentor and have no intention what-so-ever to demean his excellent and important standards.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, Nick,

Spending less time? Soon you'll be saying stuff like, "it's not you, it's me..."

Jason

Nicholas Pickard said...

Indeed.... sorry mate - if you got the wrong end of the stick as well...

In fact, in that case it's probably not you, it's very much me.

But I am glad to see that you do check out the blog. I wasn't sure if you did...

Anonymous said...

Took it all in the spirit it was intended.

Gonna have to give that old Frightened City cliche a rest.

There's a million ways to write a review out there ... This has been one of them.

Keep up the good work.

J

Nicholas Pickard said...

Or maybe that Frightened City cliche isn't ours to rest... ???

Geoffrey said...

Well at least the phone call got you writing something. I was also wondering what's happening culturally in Sydney for APEC? ... or is it just the same as the rest of the year?