If there is one thing that I can't be accused of - it's that I don't have my finger on the pulse.
As one of my esteemed colleagues once said, 'your blog is like going to a party and hearing all the latest gossip'. Indeed.
But two events this week brought a wry smile to my face.
The first is the Sydney Morning Herald, again, picking up a story of mine which I broke weeks ago. I just wish they would credit me somehow - I always credit them. My story HERE, their story HERE. Do you think Media Watch might be interested?
(Speaking of which, I'm going to break another story in the next day or two - watch the mainstream zone in.)
But the second event was even better. The son of Fearless Nadia (Mary Evans), who was depicted in Theatre Kantanka's latest production read my review in The Daily Telegraph and quickly booked tickets to go and see the show with his whole family the next day.
The startled cast and crew of the show were absolutely stoked, as they had been unable to track down the man who is now in his late seventies.
He took down notes throughout the show and made a speech at the end praising the show for its accuracy and even commenting on how lead actor Chris Murphy looked so much like Mary.
Now, that's a great little yarn.
Saturday, 29 March 2008
Brag, brag, brag
Posted by Nicholas Pickard at 12:42 pm
Labels: Arts Journalism, General Comment, News
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hi Nick,
I suspect you mean Chris Murphy rather than Chris Evans...
But yes, congrats on breaking the Seymour story. it was a strange of textual deja vu reading yesterday's piece in the SMH. Haven't I read this somewhere before?
Anyway, I look forward to the next scoop.
dw
Oops! So it is - thanks David.
Good grief!
Post a Comment